Frequently Asked Questions
When do I have to place my order?
Orders need to be placed every Friday by 9 pm for pick up on Monday and 7 pm every Sunday for pick up on Wednesday of the following week. If you go to our Order Online page you will redirected to our ordering app, Bottle. Afraid you’re going to forget? Sign up for our mailing list. We’ll send you reminder emails each week, as well as updated menus, to keep you in the loop. We also offer subscriptions for chronic forgeters, hopeless procrastinators, and anyone who wants an assured abundance of fresh meals without the hassle of placing an order every week.
When can I get my food once I place my order?
When placing your order, you can choose Monday or Wednesday receive meals. You will need to place separate orders to have meals delivered on both days. Food is delivered in the morning and remains at your chosen location until you pick it up. We refrigerate your meals at each pick up spot, so you don’t have to worry about them staying cold. Home delivery is brought right to your door early in the morning before 6 am. You can wake up and grab your meals before you head out for your day.
Where do I get this delicious food?
We have several locations throughout the Capital Region. Check out our pick up locations page to see which spot is most convenient for you. If you find that there is no location nearby, we also take orders for pick up at our shop in Watervliet or you can choose home delivery. There is a small $12 charge for home delivery. Meals are dropped off early in the morning so you can grab them just as you wake up.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions for a new pick up location.
Do I have to order a minimum number of meals?
No, there is no minimum amount required. You can get one meal or thirty, it’s all up to you!
We do offer weekly subscription (5 meals or 10 meals) and you can always add more meals, breakfasts, meal basics or snacks, but there needs to be minimum of 5 or 10 meals.
How long can I keep the food in my refrigerator?
Our food has a shelf life of approximately five days. We recommend splitting your order between our two pick up days, Monday and Wednesday, to guarantee the freshest possible meals. Some meals are also freezer-friendly, but this is up to your discretion.
Are the containers microwaveable and reusable?
All of our containers are microwave safe, dishwasher safe, and reusable. In solidarity with the environment, we strive to use the fewest number of containers when packaging your order. For instance, if you place an order for multiple portions of a Meal Basics option, we will use one big container as opposed to several smaller ones for each portion.
How do I pay?
We process all payments through Stripe. Your credit card information will be stored in Bottle (securely). After it is entered you won’t have to worry about entering it in with each order.
How do I setup my Bottle account for the first time?
- To sign up for an account, go to sendbottles.com/foodtherapy
- Select the meal plan option you would like.
- Click “join” next to the meal plan option.
- Select your delivery day.
- Add items to your cart.
- Select your pickup or delivery option.
- Review your order.
- Enter your credit card information at the bottom of the page.
Do you list the ingredients to your meals? What if I have a specific food allergy?
While we do not currently list ingredients for our meals, stay tuned, because it’s a work in progress. Please contact us regarding any questions on specific food allergies. We are more than happy to work with you on making our food safe for you to eat. Making adjustments for your health is hardly a burden – we want our meals to be more than just a means to fit your macros, or a quick fix prevent you from keeling over. We aim for an enjoyable, palate-fulfilling experience that you look forward to on a physical and emotional level. If you can’t eat safely and happily, then we are not doing our job.
How do I change my order for the week?
- Log in to your account or click the link that was sent to you via text or email.
- At the top of the page, you will see “order confirmed” and “edit”.
- Click “order confirmed”.
- Then click on any of your order items in green and you’ll be able to make your selections.
How do I skip a week?
- Click the link that was texted to you.
- Click “skip” on the menu page.
- You are now skipped for the week.
How do I put my subscription on pause?
- Go to your account page.
- Select the subscription you would like to pause.
- Click on the “edit” for the subscription you would like to pause.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the section “pause”.
- Enter the dates range for pausing your account.
How do I cancel my subscription?
- Go to your account page.
- Select the subscription you would like to cancel.
- Click on the “edit” for the subscription you would like to cancel.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the section “actions”.
- Click “cancel subscription”.
How do I access my profile?
- When you complete your order you will receive an order confirmation.
- Click “account” and you will be taken to the account page.
How do I make changes to my preferences?
- Login to your account.
- Next to your subscription, click “edit”.
- On this page, you can edit your address, change your email, select email notifications instead of text message, and pause your account.